April 1, 2014
- On the morning of April 1, 2014, House Speaker Robert DeLeo and Attorney General Martha Coakley held a press conference to present a multi-faceted bill to address domestic violence in Massachusetts. JDI applauds their leadership in crafting legislation that takes a more comprehensive approach to addressing the policies and systems necessary to hold offenders accountable and to support survivors while also promoting prevention.
March 20, 2014
- Ready to tell their stories of saving lives and fostering hope, sexual and domestic violence advocates will attempt to visit every single member of the Massachusetts Legislature on Thursday, March 20, 2014.
March 7, 2014
- Sexual violence advocates applauded the quick response by the Legislature and Governor to address the legal loophole that allowed voyeuristic behavior which undermines the safety, privacy and dignity of people in public places to go unpunished.
Polanowicz, DeLeo, Gottlieb and Odom to headline White Ribbon Day Ceremony at State House - March 6, 2014
March 4, 2014
- Massachusetts Health and Human Services Secretary John Polanowicz, Gary Gottlieb, MD, President and CEO of Partners HealthCare, and Pastor Ron Odom of True Vine Church will be among the featured speakers at the 7th Annual Massachusetts White Ribbon Day (WRD) Campaign sponsored by Jane Doe Inc. The central Proclamation Event for the campaign will be held at the State House on March 6 at 1:00 PM in Gardner Auditorium. A public service announcement featuring Governor Deval Patrick, this year’s campaign chair, invites men and boys to join him and thousands of other men and boys across the Commonwealth to take the White Ribbon Day pledge and wear a white ribbon on March 6, 2014.
January 31, 2014
- JDI and our member rape crisis centers comment on the creation of the White House Task Force on Protecting Students from Sexual Assault and the need to shift cultural norms to prevent sexual violence.