JDI Day of Action 2018
March 27, 2018
On March 26, 2016, the JDI Day of Action, JDI and our member programs visited each of the 200 Legislators in the Massachusetts House of Representatives and Massachusetts Senate to advocate for increased funding in the FY19 budget, and for the passage of important legislation that will support MA college students and immigrants. There is still much work to do to ensure that we acheive these goals. Scroll down for specific action steps.
- When sexual and domestic violence continues to flourish unchecked in Massachusetts: We say NO MORE
- When the actions of the federal government threaten to make Massachusetts less safe for students, immigrants and so many others: We say NO MORE
- When barriers are put in our path when there is so much to do on so many fronts: We say NO MORE
Please contact your legislators today and make the following requests:
- Increase funding for community based rape crisis centers and domestic violence programs by $3.5m
House members: Support S2203, An Act Relative to Sexual Violence on Higher Education Campuses, and ask leadership to ensure that the bill be advanced to the full House of Representatives for a vote
- S2203 Fact Sheet
Find a way to advance key protections for immigrants, thought the budget or other means.
- NEW Safe Communities provisions Fact Sheet
A special note of thanks to Union Square Donuts who created our very own Jane DOnuts! Check out all the photos from our Day of Action.