JDI Chief Operating Officer
Accounting Management Solutions, Inc. has been retained by Jane Doe Inc. to recruit for the position of Chief Operating Officer.
Jane Doe Inc. (JDI) is a statewide membership coalition, an advocacy organization, a catalyst for change, and so much more. The 60 local member programs work in concert with their allies to find lasting solutions that promote the safety, liberty, and dignity for victims and survivors of sexual and domestic violence. They work for social change to help create a world free of violence and abuse. Offering unparalleled leadership in Massachusetts, they are changing the way society views and reacts to sexual and domestic violence in ways that make our communities safer today and for future generations.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing the daily operations of JDI to ensure effective management of the organization. This position serves as the Director of Human Resources and is also responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of management systems, procedures and related documentation to successfully achieve the administrative goals of JDI. The COO manages JDI’s operating budget, and serves as the grant manager, as requested by the Executive Director. The COO works closely with the Executive Director in overseeing organizational planning and evaluation. The COO serves as the agency administrator in the absence of the Executive Director.
Corporate Affairs and Human Resources: Oversee and maintain systems that support smooth functioning of JDI’s corporate affairs in accordance with agency policies. Fulfill Human Resources responsibilities, oversee purchasing systems and maintain agency records. Review and make recommendations to the Executive Director for changes to agency operations, personnel, departmental controls and related administrative policies. Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls.
Administrative Operations and IT Systems that support the work of the organization: Oversee and manage JDI Operations and IT functions. Provide general oversight for program support activities for JDI, including clerical and administrative support for program staff. Review and make recommendations to the Executive Director for changes to agency administrative systems, related personnel, departmental controls and related policies. Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls.
Finance, Planning, Grants and Budgets: Oversee Financial and Grants Department of JDI. Assist Executive Director with organizational planning and evaluation, development and management of JDI Annual Budget and JDI Grant Budgets. Manage JDI grants.
- A commitment to the purpose and mission of Jane Doe Inc.
- A minimum of 5 years, or equivalent experience, as senior executive of nonprofit corporation and 5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrable success in writing and managing grants
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of nonprofit accounting
- Significant experience in creating and maintaining office systems that improve agency functioning and cohesion
- Strong planning and evaluation, fiscal/budget, and communication experience
- Experience with human resources and nonprofit administration
- Interest and ability to work in a changing work environment and a sensitive political environment
- Experience with statewide, nonprofit membership organizations, and an understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault, social justice, social norms and anti-oppression frameworks is desirable.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Jane Doe Inc. also offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare, 403(b), and vacation.
TO APPLY: Jane Doe Inc is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration please send your resume and compensation requirements to JDI@amsolutions.net