JDI is pleased to share a new publication that was written for providers in our continued effort to address the fear and risk of HIV and AIDS for survivors of sexual and domestic violence. This in-depth guide is packed with resources and scenarios and provides up to date information about HIV transition, testing, counseling and treatment options as well as addresses the systemic and structural barriers that survivors face in accessing support and care. The guide also addresses the many intersections of people’s lives in connection to HIV with sections devoted to Black women survivors, LGBQT+ survivors, immigrants, people with disabilities, people who live in rural communities and more. Our hope is that this guide will support your ongoing learning and capacity to address the needs and concerns of your community.
You can download the full manual at no charge with this link: https://jdi.coalitionmanager.org/resourcemanager/resourcefile/details/4
Special thanks to Erin C. Miller, Manager of the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Program at Newton-Wellesley Hospital who was the primary author of this report. She engaged experts from JDI’s membership and other partners and we want to give them all a shout out of gratitude:
- Jessica Craft, MSN, NP, The Fenway Institute
- Dulce Almeida Ferreira, MA, Director of Domestic & Sexual Violence Services, Maasachusetts Alliance of Portuguese Speakers
- Michael Gaucher, Management Analyst III, Bureau of Infectious Diseases and Laboratory Sciences, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Sandra Gold, Health and Medical Advocacy Programs Manager, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Diana Mancera, MS, Director of Membership and Programs, Jane Doe Inc.
- Milena Mello, MS, Director of HIV/STI Services, Massachusetts Alliance of Portuguese Speakers
- Ann Meola, MA, JD, Director, Victim Compensation and Assistance Division, Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Erin C. Miller, MPS, MDV, CTSS, CASAC-T, Manager, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Program, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Ashleigh Pezzoni, MPH, Community Advocate, REACH Beyond Domestic Violence
- Amrith Fernandez Prabhu, MS, Data and Volunteer Manager, Center for Hope and Healing
- Xavier Quinn, LICSW, Manager, Violence Recovery Program, Fenway Health
(Note that the affiliation listed reflects where they worked at the time; a few folks have moved on to other positions since!)
Questions? Contact JDI at firstname.lastname@example.org.