WHAT DOES JDI DO?
JDI is the only statewide membership and advocacy coalition in Massachusetts dedicated to addressing sexual and domestic violence. We aim to support survivors and end violence by promoting gender equity, racial justice, and safety for everyone. JDI’s mission is to complement and support the expertise and leadership of our community-based members with a statewide strategy involving public and private partners to tackle systemic issues that foster and perpetuate violence, to create policies and explore innovative solutions that improve the lives of survivors, and to prevent gender-based violence.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES JDI COLLECT FROM ME?
JDI collects certain information from you when you share that information with us, and when you use our website and related services.
• Personal Information: JDI may collect certain personal information you share with us, including, but not limited to, your name, company name, physical address, title or position, telephone number, and email address.
• Analytics Information: JDI partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our site, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
• Site Visit Information: JDI also collects certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our website. By “Site Visit Information” we mean information that does not identify you personally, such as IP address, device information, and browser information.
WHAT DOES JDI DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
You should read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us. JDI does not sell or lease your personal information to third-parties.
• JDI’s use of your Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information: This information helps JDI operate our website, and provide other services, including advertisements, ad serving, and technical support. We also use this information to send you updates about our organization, our events, and our initiatives.
• JDI may share Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information with Service Providers: JDI may share this information with our service providers to assist us with operating our website, our services, our advertising, and our technical support.
• Legal and law enforcement requests: JDI may also disclose, at its sole discretion, disclose your Personal, Analytics and Site Visit information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—such as a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
Most websites, including JDI’s, use “Cookies” – which are electronic files that websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. JDI uses both “session” and “persistent” cookies on its website. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our site, then is deleted when you leave our site. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our website. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
“Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. JDI uses beacons to better manage content on our website.
DOES JDI COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION THROUGH ITS WEBSITE?
DOES JDI TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
When you visit our website, we automatically collect the name of the website you visited from (called the “referring page”) and the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), and information about other websites you have recently visited. JDI does not honor the “Do Not Track” settings available on most browsers. When JDI’s website detects the Do Not Track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our website.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM JDI OR CHANGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
JDI may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about exciting developments at our organization, and to alert you to relevant advertisements and other opportunities. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a JDI marketing message.
You can change or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN CHILDREN USE JDI’S WEBSITE?
Our website is not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with JDI, please contact us at email@example.com so we can remove their information from our systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
JDI is based in the United States, and our website is hosted there. If you are visiting our website from another country, the laws governing our website’s collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our website, or share your personal information with JDI, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and agree to the transfer of your data to the United States.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
JDI’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. JDI does not have control over the privacy practices of the advertisers or other third-parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third parties collect or use the information you chose to share with them.
HOW DOES JDI PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
JDI takes the security of your personal information very seriously. JDI uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, JDI cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
HOW DO I CONTACT JDI?
Adopted as of August 8, 2019.