When JDI hosted the first statewide Massachusetts White Ribbon Day Campaign in 2007, we didn’t know what to expect.
Today, we know that YOU and thousands more across the Commonwealth have embraced the values of this campaign and your actions to help end gender-based violence and promote healthy masculinities have made a difference!
The last public event JDI held was the White Ribbon Day Campaign Launch at the State House in March 2020. While the pandemic precludes an in-person event this year, we will not be deterred…and we know that you won’t either!
Here are 3 ways you can engage with us for WRD 2021 from wherever you are:
#1: Participate in our virtual WRD Launch on Thursday, March 4 at 11:00am
- Watch our special segment of 5 Things on Facebook Lives and invite your friends and colleagues to join you!
- Add this link to your calendar now: https://www.facebook.com/events/250235333259551/
#2: Post a message on social on Thursday, March 4.
- Share or retweet what “masculinity” means to YOU? What does it mean to be – or act – masculine?
- Find inspiration in this presentation by A Call To Men’s Tony Porter: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1052854508458991
- Don’t forget to include #ReimagineManhood and #WRD2021
- Wear your white ribbon!
#3: Talk to a friend or colleague
- Host a “virtual” proclamation event
- Have a conversation with your colleagues, classmates, and friends
- Check out the “Reimagine Manhood Toolkit” for tips and resources: https://www.janedoe.org/whiteribbonday/rm_toolkit_form/
- Download the White Ribbon Day PSA Teaching and Action Guide: https://www.janedoe.org/rm_teaching_guide_form/
Let’s make 2021 the year the Commonwealth reimagines manhood! Thanks for being part of this journey with us.