Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar
We have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
It helps the one in five people in the UK who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access this website in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the USA who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
After you click on the Accessibility link the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colours
- Customise background colour
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.